Learn More About Bedford, TX Here: Bedford, TX Website
Al’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Provides Maintenance, Repair & Replacement services for Plumbing & HVAC in Bedford, TX.
Since 1989, Al’s has served southern Denton & Collin counties, northern Dallas County & northeast Tarrant County with up to a 12 Truck Service Fleet to serve you promptly.
This Is What You Get With Al’s:
- As a company, Al’s has a Texas Plumbing License, PLUS
- We employ only Texas Licensed Plumbers. The Plumber coming into your home also has a Texas Plumber License.
- We pull all Plumbing and HVAC Permits required by your City. You can check your City’s website to know when a Plumbing or HVAC Permit is required.
- We employ NATE Certified HVAC Technicians (Details on NATE below. Texas doesn’t have HVAC Licenses).
- We install Brand-Specific Repair Parts versus “one size fits all”.
- Our Service Staff has over 110 years experience.
Al’s Offers 24 / 7 Emergency Service for both Plumbing & HVAC Systems in Bedford TX.
Boundaries And History Of Bedford, TX
Bedford, TX Boundaries:
Bedford, is northeast of Fort Worth in northeast Tarrant County. North Boundary. With a couple of exceptions, Bedford’s north boudary is Cheek Sparger Road. In the northwest corner of the City, there is a small notch in the boundary which goes south of Cheek Sparger for a short distance. West of that notch, the north boundary heads south about 1 mile at Brown Trail, then directly west along Quail Crest Drive. The north boundary ends (at the west boundary) just little west of Warbler Drive. The
West Boundary continues directly south (from the corner of the north boundary) until it becomes jagged, heads west a short distance – both north & south of Mountain View Drive. The west boundary crosses Harwood Road and heads east (just south of) Elisha Drive, to (a little east of) Brown Trail. The west boundary continues South to Queens Way, then West to Connecting Road. It then heads mostly south to Hurst Drive, east a short distance to Uptown Blvd and ends (at the south border) at East Pipeline Road. The South Boundary is East Pipeline Road. The East Boundary (south to north) is a jagged line northward to Airport Freeway. Then it heads east to N. Industrial Blvd. and then north. The east boundary ends (at the north boundary) at Mid-Cities Blvd. / Cheeck Sparger Road.
History of Bedford, TX
The first settlers in the Bedford area arrived in the late 1840s. Milton Moore of North Carolina established the community’s first school in his log cabin in 1861 with a dozen or more students. A settlement developed in the 1870s, after Weldon Bobo moved from Tennessee and established a general store and gristmill to serve area farmers. Bobo and a group of farmers agreed to name their community Bedford, after the county in Tennessee from which many of them had come.
Bobo, Moore, and others founded a Church in 1874, and the first official post office opened in Bobo’s home in 1877. In the 1880s and 1890s Bedford was a booming town, with a population of 1,000–2,000, that surpassed that of all other Tarrant County towns except Fort Worth. In addition to the about 28 businesses that served the town, the community was also the home of Bedford College, founded in 1882. The college, which a combination high school & junior college, survived until a fire in 1893.
New transportation routes did not connect to Bedford… In 1901 the Dallas-Fort Worth Interurban rail line was built closely paralleling the Trinity River. Also, U.S. Highway 80 was completed through Arlington and Grand Prairie. The two new arteries diverted traffic away from Bedford Road. In 1903 the Rock Island Railroad also bypassed Bedford. Businesses and residents moved, and the post office closed in 1909. Though only Bobo’s store and perhaps 50 residents were left in the business district, in 1912 the town built a new two-story brick school on the site of the old college. Truck farming and dairying were prevalent from 1910 through the 1930s, and there were no more than 80 residents in Bedford as late as 1940. The community’s general store was maintained by the related Bobo and Fitch families from the 1870s to the 1960s.
World War II, and the construction of military bases and defense plants nearby caused Bedford’s population to grow to over 400 by 1953. 100 of the residents lived at Bedford Boys Ranch, a home for wayward boys aged 10–14. The post office reopened in 1950. Bedford voted to incorporate in 1953. Though in 1955, Bedford voted against merging with the new Hurst-Euless School District, in 1958 residents narrowly approved the school merger.
Between 1955 and 1960 Bedford increased its size from 2 square miles to just over 10, and the population increased to more than 2,700. But the 1961 master plan zoned everything as residential or agricultural. This created painful political clashes in the 1960s between newcomers demanding services and old-line settlers resisting suburbanization and taxes. Newcomers launched a movement to merge Bedford with the more populous Euless in 1967. It passed in Euless, but was defeated in Bedford.. Bedford apartment zoning began in 1968, and in 1969 the Bedford Chamber of Commerce merged with the Hurst-Euless chamber and the three towns established a hospital district.
By 1970 Bedford had more than 10,000 residents. In 1974 the old Boys Ranch became the town’s biggest park. The decade of the 1970s saw the establishment of an industrial park, shopping centers, and restaurants, as well as the completion of the nearby Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. There was a tremendous growth spurt from the late 1970s through the mid-1980s. Thousands of urbanites were seeking a small-town life. Most were professionals and Republicans, and many were northerners.
Battles over apartment and commercial zoning marked the 1970s and 1980s. The population increased to some 20,800 in 1980 and about 44,000 in 1990, with 400 businesses. The town was split in the 1990s over proposed city involvement in the development of a central business district, an effort to create a downtown in a suburban community. The old Bedford School was restored and reopened in the summer of 1996 housing a museum, visitors’ center, meeting rooms, auditorium, and classroom space. By 2000 the town’s population grew to 47,152, with 1,798 businesses. In 2010, the population was unchanged.