Al’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Provides Maintenance, Repair & Replacement services for Plumbing & HVAC
in Carrollton, TX.
Since 1989, Al’s has served southern Denton & Collin counties, northern Dallas County & northeast Tarrant County with up to a 12 Truck Service Fleet to serve you promptly.
This Is What You Get With Al’s:
- As a company, Al’s has a Texas Plumbing License, PLUS
- We employ only Texas Licensed Plumbers. The Plumber coming into your home also has a Texas Plumber License.
- We pull all Plumbing and HVAC Permits required by your City. You can check your City’s website to know when a Plumbing or HVAC Permit is required.
- We employ NATE Certified HVAC Technicians (Details on NATE below. Texas doesn’t have HVAC Licenses).
- We install Brand-Specific Repair Parts versus “one size fits all”.
- Our Service Staff has over 110 years experience.
Al’s Offers 24 / 7 Emergency Service for both Plumbing & HVAC Systems in Carrollton, TX.
Boundaries and History Of Carrollton, TX
Boundaries Of Carrollton, TX
Carrollton, TX is near Interstate Highway 35-East, 14 miles northwest of downtown Dallas. Parts of Carrollton are in Dallas, Denton, and Collin counties. Carrollton’s boundaries are: North: The northern border is quite jagged. It is as far north as W. Parker Road, and wraps around the City of Castle Hills in the far northwest corner of Carrollton. Eastern Border is also jagged, and extends to Midway Road, and wraps around a portion of the City of Addison. Southern Border is jagged as well. The majority of the southern border is Valwood Parkway, plus a section in the far southwest corner which extends as far south as Spring Valley Road and goes west to the Elm Fork of the Trinity River, and as far east as Senlac Dr. Western Border is the Elm Fork of the Trinity River, then following Denton Creek to the far northwest corner of Carrollton.
History Of Carrollton, TX
The first settlers in the area were William and Mary Larner in 1842. The A. W. Perry family followed two years later and claimed their stake in the Trinity Mills area. In partnership with Wade H. Witt, Perry established a mill. Over time he acquired extensive landholdings, which likely included the site of Carrollton.
Many early settlers were related by blood or marriage. The northeastern area of settlement (which extends into Denton County) was the English colony. Many of the large landowners, including the Jackson, Furneaux, Morgan, and Rowe families, were English immigrants. It is most likely that the settlement was named for Carrollton, Illinois (65 miles northwest of St. Louis) the hometown of many of the early settlers.
In the early days Carrollton was an exclusively agricultural community. In 1846 David Myers, from Illinois, established the first Baptist church in Dallas County near the site of present Carrollton. Around 1856 the Union Baptist Church became the site of the first community school. In 1878 an agent for the (unfinished) Dallas and Wichita rail line filed an early plat of Carrollton at the Dallas County Courthouse. In the same year the Carrollton post office was established. The unfinished railway was bought and extended to Denton in 1880 by Jay Gouold, who subsequently sold it to the Missouri, Kansas and Texas RR in 1881.
By 1885 Carrollton had cotton gins, flour mills, a school, and two churches serving its population of 150. When the Cotton Belt line crossed the Katy at Carrollton in 1888, the town developed as a shipping center for livestock, grain, cotton, and cottonseed (eventually surpassing Trinity Mills, an older settlement to the north).
In 1890 the first telephone went into operation in Carrollton, and the first commercial electricity became available in 1913 when a private power plant opened.
A new era was beginning for Carrollton with the arrival of railroads and a post office in the late 1800s. Carrollton quickly emerged from an agricultural community to a hub of bustling business and professional activity. The Dallas-Wichita Railroad arrived in Carrollton in 1879. Around 1904, a new industry emerged in Carrollton – manufacturing brick. The Carrollton Pressed Brick Company was located northeast of the Carrollton Town Square. Brick from this plant is easily identified. They have the name CARROLLTON embedded on it and are highly prized by collectors.
A gravel industry began in 1912 and grew. By 1940, Carrollton was known as a “grain and gravel” town that also supported a dairy industry. During the postwar era the city worked to attract major industries. National Metal Products, a manufacturer of metal utility cabinets and shelving, established there in 1946. By 1908, there were three railroads using Carrollton as a way station. Having three railroads intersect was unique for this part of the country and contributed to Carrollton’s early prosperity. In 1922, the electric Texas Interurban Railway, began passenger service in Carrollton for transport between Dallas and Denton.
In 1913, Carrollton voted to incorporate as a general law city. W. F. Vinson was elected the first mayor. The first city officers were elected on July 19, 1913. The City of Carrollton received a deed from J.R. McFarland in 1933. This became the site for Carrollton’s first City Hall and fire station. By the mid-1920s, Carrollton had held its first bond election and organized a volunteer fire department. During the next two decades, Carrollton’s first official police force was hired. Carrollton’s first city charter was adopted in 1961, providing for a home-rule form of government under a manager and city council.
Between 1970 to 1980, the Sun Belt boom caused Carrollton to grew rapidly. In 1950, the population was 1,610; 1960 it grew to 4,242 in 1960; by 1970 it was 13,855.
Between 1970 and 1980 it increased to 40,599 and by 1983 it was 52,000. 75% of the City’s housing was built during 1970-1980. In 1990 the population of Carrollton was 82,169, and in 2000 it had grown to 109,576.
Source: Handbook of Texas Online, Joan Jenkins Perez, “Carrollton, TX,” accessed February 06, 2017, http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hdc01.