Learn More About Highland Park, TX Here: Highland Park, TX Website
Al’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Provides Maintenance, Repair & Replacement services for Plumbing & HVAC in Highland Park, TX.
Since 1989, Al’s has served southern Denton & Collin counties, northern Dallas County & northeast Tarrant County with up to a 12 Truck Service Fleet to serve you promptly.
This Is What You Get With Al’s:
- As a company, Al’s has a Texas Plumbing License, PLUS
- We employ only Texas Licensed Plumbers. The Plumber coming into your home also has a Texas Plumber License.
- We pull all Plumbing and HVAC Permits required by your City. You can check your City’s website to know when a Plumbing or HVAC Permit is required.
- We employ NATE Certified HVAC Technicians (Details on NATE below. Texas doesn’t have HVAC Licenses).
- We install Brand-Specific Repair Parts versus “one size fits all”.
- Our Service Staff has over 110 years experience.
Al’s Offers 24 / 7 Emergency Service for both Plumbing & HVAC Systems in Highland Park, TX
Borders & History of Highland Park, TX
Highland Park, TX Boundaries:
Highland Park is an affluent suburb of Dallas, TX. It’s located in Dallas County, roughly 5 miles from Downtown Dallas. North Boundary (west to east): The northwest corner of Highland Park is at Westside Drive and Mockingbird Lane. The north boundary follows Mockingbird Lane east, then north at the west end of the Bradfield Elementary School campus. It turns north for 1/2 mile, then east and then following St. Andrews Drive. It heads further east to Turtle Creek, then east for a short distance and turning north to McFarlin Blvd., East to Golf Drive, which is the northeast corner of the City. South to (just north of) Binley Ave. East to Key Street, South to Potomac Ave., East to Bishop Blvd., south to Mockingbird Lane, East Boundary (north to south): South along Airline Road to Katy Trail. Southwest on Katy Trail to Armstrong Ave., South along to (west of) Glenwood Ave., to North Fitzhugh Ave., and continuing West on Wycliff Ave to Oak Lawn Ave., North on Oak Lawn Ave. to (north of) following Hawthorne Ave., West to Lemmon Ave. and Westside Ave., which is the southwest corner of the city. West Boundary (south to north) North & West to (west of) Westside Ave. Following Westside to Ave. north to where it becomes Westside Drive, then North & West on Westside Drive to Mockingbird Lane, which is the northwest corner of the city.
History of Highland Park, TX
Highland Park, TX is a 2.2-square-mile residential City that is surrounded by Dallas on the south, east, and west, and University Park on the north. In 1889 the land was bought by a group of Philadelphia investors (the Philadelphia Place Land Association) for $500,000. Henry Exall, acting as agent, intended to develop the land along Turtle Creek as Philadelphia Place, an area of exclusive housing to be modeled after parkland housing in Philadelphia.
He laid out gravel roads and built a dam across Turtle Creek to form Exall Lake. The panic of 1893 destroyed the Dallas land boom and ended the development. Exall lost everything except some of the land. During the 1890s, Exall Lake was a favorite picnic destination for Dallasites. Bass and perch abounded in it, and a steamboat operated on it. Exall bred horses with his stallion Electrite at the site until 1906, when John Armstrong bought the land for a residential development.
Armstrong had been a partner of Thomas L. Marsalis in the development of Oak Cliff. With the sale of his business, Armstrong invested his money in 1,326 acres of the former Philadelphia Place land to develop under the name Highland Park. Armstrong, along with his sons-in-law Hugh Prather and Edgar Flippen, gave Highland Park its name because of its location on high land that is overlooking downtown Dallas.
The investors hired Wilbur David Cook, a landscape architect of Beverly Hills, California, to design the layout. In addition, George E. Kessler, who designed Fair Park and much of downtown Dallas, was hired to help in planning and development. Twenty percent of the land was set aside for parks. The 1st 100-acre addition was begun in 1907 and promoted with the slogan “Beyond the City’s Dust and Smoke.” Later appeared the slogan “It’s Ten Degrees Cooler in Highland Park.” The 2nd development in Highland Park, the Lakeside addition, was developed in 1910.
In 1913 Highland Park asked Dallas for annexation but was refused. The 500 residents then voted to incorporate, on November 29, 1913. The incorporation officially took place in 1915, when the population was 1,100. In 1915 the 3rd addition to Highland Park was built, and two years later a 4th edition.
After two years, a long annexation controversy began. The city of Dallas regretted its earlier refusal to annex Highland Park and began a battle that lasted until 1945, when Dallas was turned down for the last time. The last major land development in Highland Park, Highland Park West, was built in 1924. In 1931, Highland Park Village, the first shopping center of its type in the United States, was built in Highland Park.
By 1933 Highland Park had a population of 8,422 and 12 businesses. Few businesses and no industry operated in the city. From 1932 to 1950 Highland Park bought water from the city of Dallas. In 1950, Highland Park and University Park, the “Park Cities,” began their own waterworks. In 1949 Highland Park had 4 elementary schools, a junior high, and a high school. Later the Park Cities combined their school districts.
The Park Cities News (newspaper) was established in 1938 and the Park Cities People in 1981. In the late 1950s, Highland Park had a population (high) of 12,900, before beginning a slow decline to its 1990 level of 8,739. After its attempt to annex Highland Park was defeated, Dallas annexed the land around it. Highland Park was forced to grow only by building houses on the few remaining vacant lots, or by tearing down old buildings to construct new ones. In the 1989–90 school year the Highland Park Independent School District had 4 elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school for its 4,066 students.
In 1990 Highland Park had strict zoning ordinances. Its reputation for upscale, luxury housing was further enhanced the Dallas Country Club and (private) Golf Course, located entirely southeast of the intersection of Preston Road and Mockingbird Lane, plus the abundance of parks along Turtle Creek,